Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 9 - Mis Amigos

So for Day 9 of the blogging challenge, I'm supposed to post a picture of my friends... Well, that's a tough one. Not that I'm Miss Popular or anything like that, but it's just that I've had so many friends that mean so much to me. So, while I have a ton of people that I would love to list and include their pictures, there are a handful that have stood by me through some great times and some not so great times, who know enough about me to hate but still like me anyways, or who have really just withstood the test of of time.

First, there's Anisa. We met in 1st or 2nd grade (I don't remember which). If you want to know what all she means to me, refer to this post. She definitely wins the award for the most resilient friend of mine. There was never a time that we spent together that didn't result in a great story. Seriously, though, as different as we are, I know that she was put into my life to teach me so much and to make me a better person. I don't get to see her very often, but she stays near to my heart. She's a truly beautiful person - it's obvious on the outside, but her spirit shines even more.

Next, is Anisa's husband Albert (Bert to everyone else in this world). There was a time when I lost many of my good friends due to divided loyalties, but Albert had my back. He was my clown when I needed to laugh, my friend when I needed to cry, and my big brother when I needed protecting (mostly from myself). From his forcing me to watch baseball and other stuff I didn't like to our just hanging out listening to music or going to the Refuge, he was a Godsend at that point in my life.

It stinks to have to admit that when these two friends came together - while I should have been happy that my oldest and dearest friend and my current best friend had both found love - selfishly, I felt like I had lost both of them. Thank goodness, I grew up a little and was able to realize that the friendships that I had with them weren't only God's gift to me but were His way of bringing these two together (isn't it cool when you can look back and see how He started working from the beginning?). They are both very special, and I really can't think of two people who deserve each other more! (But I'm really hoping that they never compared notes on me... There is such a thing as one person just knowing too much about another).

 The next friend I have to mention is Michelle. We met in college and were basically inseparable until we graduated and she had to move off for her job. She's an amazing person with more strength than anyone else I know. She now has a beautiful family of her own, and, even though I only get to see her maybe once a year, we seamlessly pick up right where we left off.

Finally, there's my boys. I won't post a picture because I don't have one that hasn't been posted on here already numerous times. They are my life now, and, honestly, the best friends I have. I can't wait to get home every night to see them and just hang out.

I thank God for these blessings - my friends :)

1 comments:

Anisa

OK. You're making me cry. We love you SO much, Julie! You have been a gift in my life since Mrs. Corhern's 1st grade class. You will always and forever be dear to my heart.

LOTS OF LOVE!

P.S. He forces me to watch baseball too. Yuck.