Monday, November 8, 2010

3 things...

Roll Call!


Just because I'm curious - If you're reading this now, leave me a comment and let me know. Other than those who leave me comments regularly (thanks, Anisa!), I really have no idea who reads this. So, if you have time and don't mind, holla at a sista!

Blog Challenge Day #4: My Parents

Get ready because I have half a dozen - No, I mean it!

First, meet my Dad &my Stepmom, Charlie and Robin, aka Granddaddy & G:


They are complete opposites, but that seems to work so well for them! They just celebrated their 20-year-anniversary! So, yeah, Robin has been a part of the family just a little over 66% of my life. That makes her a pretty big influence. So, from them, I've learned responsibility, independence, how to fall asleep in the middle of everyone and convince them all that you were "just resting your eyes", and the importance of that occasional guilty pleasure TV show :)

Next, meet my mom & step-dad, Susan and Mike, aka MeMaw & PawPaw:


These two are so much alike, it's not funny, but that's what works for them. They are currently working on their 7th year of marriage. Mike's relatively new to the family, but he fits in just right! From these two I've learned beyond a shadow of a doubt that nothing is impossible with God on your side!

Finally, meet my Father-in-law & Mother-in-law, Glynn and Jean, aka Pop & Gran Gran:




These two took me into their family and have made me feel welcome ever since I stepped foot in their door the first time! They know what it takes to make a family work, and they know what it takes to make a family fun. They never offer me unsolicited advice (even though I'm sure there have been plenty of times when they probably really wanted to because I needed it), but they usually give pretty sound words of wisdom when I come asking! (That's right - I have in-laws I like! How cool is that?!)

So, there ya have it, I'm pretty lucky to have all these people in my life, aren't I?

My Guys

Finally, I got the camera out this weekend, and just look at how stinkin' great my guys look!

Happy Monday, y'all!