Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 8 - A Place I've Traveled To...

I'm not exactly a jetsetter, and most of my trips haven't been to places very exotic. I've made the obligatory Destin beach trip, Gulf Shores beach trip, Disney World trip and multiple trips to Memphis, New Orleans, etc... Basically all the same places that most everyone in the South travel to that are convenient and not too tough on the wallet (well, with the exception of Disney World).

However, I did get to go to Whitefish, Montana, one summer for a mission trip when I was in high school. Whitefish is a beautiful town in and of itself, but while we were there, we got to go to Glacier National Park. That has to be the most beautiful place I've ever seen in my life. Since I didn't own a digital camera and all of my photo albums from that time are stored away in boxes that I don't want to go through, I just borrowed a picture that is similar to one that I took.


You couldn't take a picture in Glacier that didn't look like it belonged on a postcard!

So, on another note, I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! Mine started Wednesday and ended Saturday, but it was good to see all the family. My mom and stepdad came Wednesday night; we went to Ronnie's family's Thanksgiving Thursday, I visited with my dad and stepmom Friday, and then we all went to their house Saturday.
Thanksgiving with the Jones' side
 Anyway, so now it's back to work for three weeks before another two-week break :). I'm pretty sure I can make it!

0 comments: