Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm just not that into it....

Before I make someone mad, let me preface this post with the fact that, along with every preteen girl, I absolutely was obsessed with the Twilight saga. I read the books in record time and had difficulty waiting on the new ones to come out. So, yes, I'm a fan.

However, am I the only person not willing to give up my beauty rest in order to be one of the first to see Eclipse? I think every girl and woman I know is going to the midnight showing... They must be showing it in every theater of our tiny little cinema because I know that all the people who have a ticket cannot possible fit into one. (Lane even asked if he could go with a friend... using the excuse that his friend was having to go with his mom and sister and that Lane didn't want his buddy to have to be the only boy - what a sweetheart, right?) Poor guy isn't getting to go, though, because I, being the wicked step-mother, didn't think getting in at 3:00 am and going to 6:45 am football practice mixed well.

Honestly, I'm just not into the movies that much (Glad no one can throw anything at me for saying that)... Throughout the books, I was 100% Team Edward. However, the Edward in my head didn't look like an elf on pot...













 
And the Jacob in my head, sure didn't look like this:














But it's not just about that because... while Taylor Lautner is attractive, I can't get it out of my head that he's Sharkboy












So, to find him "HAWT" is just not possible for me.

It all comes down to the fact that the movies just don't have the certain something that the books did to make you feel like you're part of the story, and that's what I loved most about reading the books.

So, no, I won't be going to the movies at midnight to see what happens with Bella, Jacob, and Edward. I assure you, though, that I will watch the movie... hopefully before it leaves theaters, but after all the screaming teens have seen it (Gosh, I'm getting old).

Who all is going tonight?

1 comments:

Anisa

Finally - someone else that is not hot for Robert Pattinson! And Jacob looks exactly like Sharkboy - haha!