Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer!!

Happy 1st day of summer! If you're in the South like me, summer didn't wait its turn to come around. It's been 2890498 degrees here for a few weeks, not counting the heat index from the humidity.... (only a slight exaggeration).

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and a happy Father's Day! We had a great one! It was just a little busy, but they all are!

Friday, Trent got to meet his cousin's kitten. He fell in love immediately (I can't say the same for the kitten). Trent kept telling me the kitten was playing tag and hide and seek... I informed Trent that I was pretty sure the kitten just wanted to hide without being sought.















Saturday, we went to see my mom who is in the hospital from having a knee replacement. She's doing great, and Trent loved going and pushing the buttons on her bed and raiding the gody baskets that friends had sent for her. We then went to Harvey's for a Father's Day supper... It was "deeeeee-licious"!

Sunday, we went to church. I sang a solo, which I've done before. For some reason, though, I was much much more nervous, and I'm pretty sure it was obvious. It didn't go terribly, just not as well as I would have liked. After church, and eating lunch with Ronnie's parents, we went to the river with some friends. Ronnie skiied; I kneeboarded, and Trent rode on the innertube (with Ronnie, of course). He had a blast!!














We were ALL beat last night, but we were up and at 'em early this morning for Trent's first day of Vacation Bible School. He has been so stinking excited for a week now!! It didn't start until 8. So, Trent had to come to work with me until then. I walked out of my office for about 2 minutes, and found this when I came back in:














He said he was "working". Well, VBS time finally rolled around, and he was all smiles all the way there! He was still smiling when I went back to get him after it was all over. He can't wait for tomorrow! VBS got two thumbs-up!









0 comments: