Monday, April 14, 2008

Poor baby...


It was a crazy weekend. We had Lane's birthday party Friday night (of which I got no pictures... I know, I'm horrible), so he had two of his friends spend the night. They actually made it until 1:00 am in the treehouse before the rain scared them and they all came knocking on the door.

Saturday afternoon, they had baseball practice. So, as I was packing up the car with all of their stuff, I let Trent play in the yard. When I was walking over to get him to load him up, he tripped. A few seconds later, he started crying. Assuming that he had landed on a stick or something, I rushed over. I found ants all over his hands; he had landed in an antbed! Well, I got them all off of his hands and took his shirt off to make sure there weren't any on his belly. He had quit crying ans was jabbering away at this point. Then, in the absence of hydrocortisone, I rubbed some alcohol on his hands to try to relieve the stinging. I had to take him to Ronnie's aunt's house where Ronnie was working in her yard, anyway, and I knew that she would have some hydrocortisone.

By the time I got to his aunt's house, Lane and his friends were all asking me what was wrong with Trent's face..I turned around, and it was bright red and swelling. So, I left him with Ronnie with instructions to put some lotion on it and give him Benadryl. Ronnie called me minutes later, stating that he was headed to the ER. So, I dropped the boys off at practice, and I hauled butt to the hospital. I walked in the room, and poor Trent was bright red all over with little bumps all over him. The doctors took care of it with a shot and a couple of medicines.

He's been in a great mood this weekend, even though his hands itch terribly, and his right hand is all swollen. Now that the bites have come to a head, you can count about 40 bites on his right hand and about 5 on his left.

This was his hand Saturday night..