Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Goodbye, Old Friend...

Trent is off the pacifier! I know this seems trivial, but his "pap pap" has been his constant companion since Day 1 in the hospital when the only way I could get him to calm down was to let him suck on my finger, and Ronnie replaced my finger with the GINORMOUS baseball pacifier that was on our wreath.

The weekend before last, Trent hid the last of his pacifiers, and I just thought we would see what would happen if we didn't replace it. Well, other than having a little bit of trouble going back to sleep when he wakes up at night, he's done great!

It's somewhat bittersweet. It's great that Trent doesn't need his pap anymore (apparently it can really mess up his teeth or something), but it's just one more thing to remind me that my little man's growing up.

Congrats, Trent!

0 comments: