Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Great Weekend!

The bad thing about a long weekend is that right when you get used to spending all the time with your family, it's time to go back to work again, but we had a great weekend!

Friday night, Carter Lane went with his Gran (Ronnie's mom) to see his cousins. So, I cheated and just ordered pizza for supper. We let Trent sit at the coffee table to eat his pizza. So, he pulled his little chair up to it, and was trying his best to pull the coffee table closer to him. It was just a little too heavy, and his hands slipped. About that time, he exclaimed, "D**n!" I looked at him all crazy and asked what he said. He looked up at me with those big brown eyes, and said, "Aww, you know, Mom... just telling you what a beaver lives in." At that point, my three-year-old had me.. All I could say was, "Ok, well let's call it a Beaver House from now on..."

Saturday morning, we went got up to make pancakes and eggs for breakfast. After eating, we went out to the garden to see if there were any veggies ready for the picking. I gather some squash while Trent played in the dirt. Then, I spotted an eggplant that was ready. So, I went to pick it. Just in case you didn't know (and I keep forgetting), eggplants stems have these little thorns on them. So, I yelled "Ouch!" to which my darling little man replied, "You dummy!" Now, I can't think of one rational explanation for why he would be calling me a dummy. So, I said, "Excuse me?" Without missing a beat, Trent said, "I was talking to this stupid tomato plant that keeps getting in my way."

Now, it's not the fact that he's saying inappropriate things that has me worried... most kids at his age start doing that kind of thing. It's the fact that he can rationalize it all right there on the spot. I have a feeling we're in for it with this child...

Saturday evening, we headed to Ronnie's parents' house to play with the cousins (Ronnie's sister's children). The celebration lasted all the way to Sunday night. We had a great time!!

There was lots of Ping Pong to be played!


 
Trent and his boy cousins ready to celebrate!


Carter Lane started with sparklers but quickly moved on to bigger explosions


 
Trent wa happy just playing in the dirt all day


 

Ronnie trying to show the kids how it's done



 
Trent really liked the Party Poppers



 
All the cousins before everyone started playing after church


 

My fam :) (Everyone's even almost smiling!)




Yesterday, Trent and I went to my mom and step-dad's house to visit, and then we went to see Toy Story 3 (which was good but had some parts that were a little intense for a 3-year-old.) We had a great time together, though! Trent even got some new shoes, which he kept calling his "fly kicks"... I have no idea...


Trent and his Memaw


Trent and PawPaw


Trent after the weekend of festivities... He said "Even Batman gets tired, Mama"


0 comments: