Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'd stop to smell the flowers if there were any

With the cold weather, I haven't been as faithful with my walking regimen as I would like, but I went yesterday to my walking place, a local park with lots of hills and scenery. I didn't go to walk, but I went, instead, to just calm my mind and enjoy the scenery. Whenever my mind gets overwhelmed, I like to just drive and listen to music. It's not that I was upset about anything, but I've just been thinking a lot about jobs, building a house, events I'm responsible for planning, kids I'm working with, etc. So, as I rode around jamming to Rocket Man and Galaxy (complete with the Big Mac verse), this is the view I had...




I love winter with the warm sweaters, cozy blankets, and steaming cups of hot cocoa, but I miss spring for all of its flowers, butterflies, and songbirds. So, instead of stopping to smell the flowers, I tripped over this..