Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 10 - Something I'm Afraid Of

There aren't too terribly many things that really scare me, but I can list a few:
I am terrified of heights, but I LOVE roller coasters... weird, huh? I did face this fear one time by bungee jumping. I had to literally be pushed to jump and then I blacked out on the way down. So, I'm not sure if it really counts, but I gave myself an A for effort.

I'm scared of disappointing people - whether it's family members, coworkers, bosses, friends - whomever (or should it be whoever... I don't know). I don't like making people mad or frustrated, but I can get over it. It's when I actually hear the word "disappointed" or see the look in their eyes, it kills me. I remember when I was in 2nd grade and my dad bought me a pair of cowgirl boots for Christmas, I opened them and was a complete brat about them not being the kind that I had wanted.... I could tell he was disappointed in my reaction. That still haunts me... I'm pretty sure he's forgotten about it, though. So, we're cool.


Finally, I'm scared of mirrors in dark rooms... I blame watching too many scary movies. I also don't let my feet hang out of the covers at night because of a story I was told when I was little about a monster under my bed who will pinch my toes off. Go figure...

0 comments: